Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lisi's BLAH-G update!

Hey people!


Today Lisi updated her BLAH-G. She called it the worst ever because she had nothing speacial to say. I posted her BLAh-g below but you could always check it awn Lisi's blah-g site.


October 8th, 2008

As you know I finished PS I Loathe You. That means I have this week off while my editor edits it and then I get it back next week to revise. When I’m in the thick of writing I always imagine spending this”off week” at the beach. Or strolling through a museum eating Pinkberry (In this particular fantasy I’m allowed to eat in a museum). Or lunching with friends. Or reading something incredibly inspiring. Or developing a new novel. Or….it goes on and on. But what really happens is I spend this week running around like a frantic maniac catching up on all the mail and bills that have been piling up on my desk.


Returning three-week old calls. Buying belated birthday presents. Getting my unibrow waxed. Yesterday I went to the the doctor and I wrote a speech for my friend who is the best man at his brother’s wedding this weekend. Today, after my TWO HOUR dentist appointment I raced around Laguna doing errands… and then it hit me. IT’S WEDNESDAY. It’s BLAh-G DAY!!!! I totally spaced because I wasn’t in my usual writing routine. So I raced to my office, fired up the ol’ laptop and stared at the blinking cursor. And stared. And stared. And…After ten minutes of staring (and 8 pieces of gum, which my dentist lectured me on) I realized I’ve got NUTHIN’. That’s right. NUTHIN’. There I was so eager to catch up that I fell behind. (MAJOR EXAMPLE OF IRONY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CARE) And that’s why this is the worst Blah-G ever. I am so sorry but please try to understand. I need to regenerate. I will have something better for you next week, I promise. Oh, and a big shout out to SUMMER STAFF. Not only do I ah-dore that name but she wrote a very detailed and thoughtful comment about how the Clique books got her to enjoy reading. And she gave a billion examples. Thanks Summer for taking the time to write that. And thanks to all of you for your great comments. I read them all. And I love them all. Even the one from the girl who is mad that I gave myself a shout-out last week. :) TTYW,Lisi
XOXO
~Anne

No comments: